Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Hi Terry,
my favorite one is "Since you've been gone", because you sing and, as you know, I like your voice a lot (it has a pleasant "midwest" accent, I think, very "country-ish" anyway. Re. "Spilt milk", I liked the Tyros style a lot (which one did you use, btw?), but I think that you would get better results if you somehow could build a "sonic progression" in your songs. In other words, (if I were you), I would start the song with just the rhytm and a lead line, then, verse after verse or simply with the time, would add a countermelody or a pad or something else. The way the song is built it's like you throw everything in from the beginning (Tyros, Chapman stick, tablas, bass, etc) and you go on in a steady way from the beginning to the end. So the song lacks a climactic point and is too much "crowded" from the very beginning.
OK, this is just a poor man's opinion: throw it in the wastebasket and do as you like most.
Happy playing!
Andrea

Andrea,
Thanks for the close listen to my work. What you say is true and is the way I compose my tunes. I suppose what I strive to do in my work is to try and not do an expected "normal." Not that I am reinventing music, just trying not to be too predictable is all.
jam on,
Terry